Valentine’s Day is just a few days away and if your children are like mine we have two needs for cute bags. First, they make great gift bags for the teacher’s gifts for Valentine’s Day and they also are perfect for holding all those sweet treats and cards from the Valentine’s Day party at school or home. I usually try to put a few treats in there for the teachers and then some gifts and the girls handmade cards.
How to make your own Valentine’s Day Gift Bags
You will need:
Assorted colored papers (we used some scrapbook papers)
Different styles scissors (nice to have but not essential
Glue (glue dots or a glue gun would be helpful but not essential)
Pink or red pipe cleaners (optional)
And a great imagination.
With these youngest daughter decided to do a “Butterfly Heart” since butterflies are some of her favorite things. Cut out a heart, circles, another heart or then again any shape for the mouth, and some wings. We liked layering to give it more texture and depth (some of these papers were textured.
- Glue two circles onto the heart.
- Glue two eyes onto the circles.
- Glue mouth.
- Assemble wings – each of us did something a little different. I think the butterfly turned out best!
- Glue wings to bag.
- Glue heart to bag making sure to cover up the edges of the wings.
- Curl pipe cleaner over the end of your finger and use glue dots to attach.
It’s that easy! Now it’s ready to be filled with gifts for teachers, friends or family or used to collect their friendship (AKA Valentine’s Day) cards at the school party.