It’s time to head back to school, which means for our family it’s time to bring back the Box Tops. I should collect them all summer long, but there is just something about heading back to school that brings the importance of the valuable service to school to mind.
I’ve been collecting Box Tops each year for many years. The kids love to participate in competitions at school, with the winner class receiving pizza parties and other rewards for bringing them into the school. You may wonder why do I collect Box Tops for Education?
Top 10 reasons to collect General Mills Box Tops
- Free samples, coupons and bonus offers to participants.
- Box Tops are worth $0.10 for your child’s school.
- Box Tops are one of America’s largest school earnings loyalty programs.
- Over 80,000 schools participate in the Box Tops program.
- Schools can use the funds raised for Box Tops to buy whatever they need!
- Box Tops for Education has contributed over $525 million to participating schools since the launch of the program in 1996.
- It’s a fun and easy way to raise money for your child’s school.
- The Box Tops program using products you are using in your home anyway.
- No extra effort needed. No apps to download, no shopping at only certain stores and no sales quotas to make.
- Any parent can participate regardless of income level or work schedule.
Why I collect Box Tops
While those are my top ten reasons for collecting Box Tops for my school, I do have one reason which stands out more than any other. I started collecting Box Tops when my older two children where in school (both are now in college). At the time I was a single parent, working full time and going to school. There wasn’t a whole lot of money left over to send in to the school (a school which really, really needed it), nor did I have any “free time” in which to donate to the school, approach friends and family for fundraisers or back then – go door to door and sell stuff. The Box Tops program created for me an opportunity in which I could be involved in my children’s school in a productive way, but that wasn’t a burden on me, our family or our finances. Ever since then I have a feeling of gratefulness with each Box Top I clip.
So, this year as we headed back to school, I admit that I did look for the little red Box Top which is available on 100’s of products at Walmart, as well as many other stores. You can find them on items anywhere in the store from frozen items to bathroom tissue. It doesn’t take any extra effort to find them, and well, it helps that many of our favorite products are the Box Tops symbol.
Easy to find Box Tops at Walmart
Here’s how easy it was to find Box Tops at Walmart this week. There where quite a few things on my list which contained the Box Tops box, and I even found some which had the bonus Box Tops – which means they they are worth even more to my school!
Do any of these look familiar to you? Could you have a hidden “gold mine” right in your pantry? Just about every category in the grocery store contains products which have the Box Tops mark. Just drop them in your cart and you are good to go! Yes, I’m just getting started, but you don’t want to see the cart when I get done!
And more importantly you can even boost your earnings when you shop online at Walmart, when you participate in the Box Tops Program with Walmart and be the first to know about exclusive offers, and who doesn’t like to save money while earning money for their school?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.