This post contains affiliate links. This means, I may, at no cost to you, make a commission should you make a purchase through these links. All opinions expressed are 100% my own and my family.
I recently told you about a sale on Squishy Mats, where for a limited time you could get 20% off. While some may say “Oh those are for my baby” (and they are) in our family Toby is our baby and he knows it! Yes we are one of those families where the dog would travel with them if he didn’t weigh 55 lbs. But he does go “bye bye in the car” with us as well as joins the family in whatever room they are in. Apparently the thinks he is a person, but with a much more highly developed sense of smell. Toby likes to join us on the bed, bean bag chair and couch. That’s okay with our lifestsyle, but just because I’ll let him on the couch doesn’t mean I don’t try to protect the furniture too. That was my first reason for wanting to get a Squishy Mat and now there are so many more.
Reasons to Get a Squishy Mat for Your Pet
Squishy Mats PlayMat is a portable play mat designed first for infants and children, which contains almost one inch of Memory Foam. This foam is also known as the low resistance polyurethane foam developed by NASA in the 1960s. The surface of each mat is covered by a super soft, micro-flannel fabric and is backed with a nonslip rubber grid. Each mat is durable, sturdy and designed for life on the move. Now it’s found even more uses, like as a comfortable place for your pet to rest at home and away.
- Squishy Mats PlayMat come in three sizes: 16×32″ 3×3′ Little Squishy and 4×4′ Big Squishy.
- The Squishy Mat folds up into a handy little carry all. We can take it from room to room and upstairs. We also took it to a friends house providing Toby with a place of his own to rest.
- The handle has a velcro closure.
- The easy to use carry handle makes it easy for us to take in the car with us and to friends houses for puppy playdates (okay I was swimming with the kids and my best friend but Toby was playing too).
- Covers and cares for my furniture, most especially the couch. Since Toby likes to lay in the softest spot he always lands on this Squishy Mat.
- It keeps away scratches from nails on the furniture and dog hair from covers.
- Covers the back seat in the truck so Toby can ride with us. Not only does it protect the leather seat but it also keeps him from slipping and sliding. We still need that seat belt for dogs, but this gets things started.
- My daughter loves the comfort and softness. She will often make him share it as it covers the top of the bean bag chair.
- Non-skid infant safety tested & certified backing – which means once I place it on the floor it doesn’t slip slide but stays where I left it.
- Machine washable.
Sure, I am using it for my pet but Squishy Mats also make a great alternative to placing your baby on the floor to play with a blanket because of the non skid surface. It makes a great play or changing mat (especially for in public places) and even toddlers will find it comfortable to rest on when visiting friends and family. Use it for softening the seat of those benches at ball games or to provide you with a place to park while your child is enjoying their outdoor activities. There’s plenty more uses for Squishy Mats! Use your imagination.
Where will you use your Squishy Mats PlayMat?