There are lots of ways to save money. We can use coupons. We can shop for the best possible price. We can set money aside each month to be direct deposited to your savings account. But did you ever stop to think that protecting yourself from identity theft would also save you money and your family a whole lot of trouble?
There are many ways to protect your identity. But one of the most important ones may be to monitor your credit report. By monitoring your credit report on a regular basis you can find out about:
- Your credit history
- Your bill paying history
- Information on specific criminal activity like have you ever been sued or arrested.
- If you have filed for bankruptcy.
- Changes to your credit score.
- Unpaid debts that may be as a result of identity theft.
- Judgments or liens that may be filed against you.