Some stores are catching on that holiday shoppers want to start shopping early and they also want layaway. Kmart is one of the stores that are not only offering a layaway program for the holidays but for everyday and they are kicking the new program off with a great Big Layaway Giveaway.
What is the Kmart Big Layaway Giveaway?
Starting in September, you have three ways to enter to win to have your layaway balance paid off (up to $500) or to win a gift card up to $500 to be used online or in Kmart stores. Shop in stores or shop online and then place your shopping items in layaway. You can opt out of the giveaway, but if you stay in. every week of your layaway you have a chance to win your remaining balance paid off. You can also enter by mailing in a 3×5 entry card. No purchase is necessary and a purchase doe not increase your chances of winning. The giveaway runs from Sept. 9, 2012- Nov. 17 2012. There is one layaway giveaway per store per week every week. Get all the details, on Kmart’s Big Layaway Giveaway including official rules, when you visit a participating Kmart location or online.
New and improved Kmart layaway program
- now available year round – it is not just for the Christmas holiday shopping season
- shop for just about anything
- you can make payments online or in the store – did I mention – online! Now you don’t have to drive to the store to make a payment and even more importantly you can take advantage of the program even if you don’t have a Kmart store location near you.
- small service fees (non-refundable $5 or $10 depending on your program) but during the Big Layaway Giveaway program it is free layawayholiday gifts
- $15 down payment or 10%
- 8 or 12 week program
- easy to use online payment calculator
Now, normally our children start making their list and checking it twice with a Sunday ad from the stores, but with this program we can start shopping a whole lot earlier and spread out our payments too! The best thing of all is the kids can help me select items online that we can “email” to Santa, or to the grandparents for both the Christmas holidays as well as birthdays, Easter and other special occasions.
So let’s get shopping for holiday gifts I already have a wish list from the kids!
Yes, the house is full of girls and there is some major shopping to be done.