With Thanksgiving just around the corner some of us may be considering new recipes as well as how to save time in the kitchen. After all part of the fun of Thanksgiving is being thankful you can spend some time with your family.
One of the most important rules of cooking and entertaining is to never cook a new recipe to serve on a holiday or to guests. You just never know how it’s going to turn out. So I decided to take a trial run with Mrs. Cubbison’s Kitchen Multigrain Cranberry Stuffing and New Crispy Onions before I served it to almost 20 people.
Let me tell you about Mrs. Cubbison’s Kitchen Multigrain Cranberry Stuffing first.
I loved that it is multigrain and you could even see great big cranberries in it. It’s “all natural” but not organic.
It was so easy to make and has several different options. I used the stovetop method and it took just minutes. I then kept it warming in the oven until everything else was ready and there was no drying out.
It comes in a reseable packaging (I like that there is less packaging so less waste!) and I could cut the cooking in half and actually get two meal for the price of one package. I would have to make the whole package of Mrs. Cubbison’s Kitchen Multigrain Cranberry Stuffing for a big gathering like Christmas.
One really big surprise, my 6 year old daughter loved it! She took her no thank you bite (required eating in our household) and then asked for more. I like that.
I did have to add a little bit of garlic and pepper to taste, but that’s a small thing and I would be surprised if I didn’t have to do anything.
Overall, definitely something I’ll serve at my dinner table, for everyday or a special occasion.
Onto the Mrs. Cubbison’s New Crispy Onions . . .
YUMM! I could eat these like chips! They are fresh and crunchy and even after cooking they didn’t get all soggy. I made a green bean casserole using the Crispy Onions and still have plenty left over to do a meatloaf and a few other dishes, even a salad. I like that they were more naturally looking and tasting than French’s and had the great crunch I wanted.
Need more ideas, tips and recipes to try everyday or for Thanksgiving. Visit Mrs. Cubbison’s Kitchen new resource to help home cooks prepare for the most important meal of the year at Thanksgiving Tips.com. The web’s newest holiday food resource features:
- Interactive Turkey Roasting Guide – Plug in your turkey info and when you want to eat. You instantly get “1, 2, 3” instructions on cooking and serving the best bird ever.
- Cooking Videos – Expert chefs show how to successfully stuff a bird plus demos for savory new side dishes.
- Top Thanksgiving FAQ’s — Answers to more than 30 of the most-asked Thanksgiving meal questions based on 63 years of Mrs. Cubbison’s wisdom and troubleshooting.
- Easy-To-Use Categorized Recipe Library with a cornucopia of creative ways to prepare and serve stuffing – by far the most popular Thanksgiving side.
- Cook’s interaction on Facebook — Get last minute help and share with other Facebook fans.
- Holiday Giveaway!! – Mrs. Cubbison’s is serving up an online sweepstakes where consumers can win up to $9,000 in free cookware, products and home accessories for the holidays. Visit http://www.thanksgivingtips.com for rules and entry info.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.