Cold and flu season is just around the corner (and for some of us the allergy portion of it is already here). It is no secret that our family prefers to try natural remedies to traditional over the counter medications, though they have their uses too, when our family gets hit with some nasty cold, flu and allergy symptoms. My cabinet contains both natural health products and “not so natural.”
(See our video with KRPC news about trying alternatives at home before reaching for that bottle and tips for avoiding overdoses).
About Maty’s Healthy Products
I was recently introduced to a (new to me) natural medicine, Maty’s Healthy Products. Maty’s company the founder’s daughter, Maty, who was born with severe heart defects. Due to her weakened immune system her parents were devoted to finding natural cures for her ailments, and thus was born Maty’s company. The products they offer are all natural cough syrup (both for little kids and adults), vapor rubs, and breath better ointments.
(To help you stay on track with your medicines use our free printable medicine chart)
Featured on the “Today Show” as “mothers of invention” Maty’s founder talks about their kid-inspired company.
What do we like about Maty’s?
We recently tried the Breathe Better Nasal Ointment, for some night time sinus relief. The girls and Mr. Money Saving Parent were alternating between dry noses at night and runny noses and sneezing during the day thanks to the rapid weather changes and the ups and downs in our weather here in Houston. Here’s what we found:
- The ingredients used are ones you could find in your own kitchen, so they’re safe for young children. Since most medicines have a warning for those under 6 it is nice to find one that the younger kids can use as well as the older and adults. Saves me serious money in having different medicines in the house for each age group.
- The Breathe Better ointment was easy to apply, the kids didn’t fight it.
- It actually did provide the moisture needed to avoid those night-times snores that can keep even the deepest sleeper awake. So this particular product is good for more than just colds and flu.
- It felt nice – not like some nasal sprays or saline solutions that run down the nose or back of the throat.
- Drug free, all natural and good for all ages in the house.
- Maty’s is available in a wide selection of stores (Wal Mart, CVS, Rite Aid, Krogers, etc), so you should be able to find the product fairly easily. You can find out where to buy Maty’s Healthy Products online.
Now that you know what we liked about it how would you like to find out for yourself? Maty’s has generously sponsored a giveaway to one lucky Money Saving Parent reader. You can choose from any of their products and receive one full size sample for yourself. Choose from one of these products.
How to enter
Just use the easy Rafflecopter form below. Be sure to leave a comment for the most entries possible and your mailing address to expedite your shipment. This means that if selected you don’t miss out on that winning email message! Your prize will come straight to your home. Pretty cool right?
Now for the fine print . . . . This giveaway runs from 10-27-2012 to 11-03-2012. You must be 18 yrs or older and a US resident. Mailing will only be done to US addresses, no PO Boxes please. Your entries will be verified. Your address will be used solely for shipping your prize and will not be sold, saved, given away or transferred.
Ready, set . . . ENTER!