A slow cooker is a great way to pull together a delicious home cooked meal. It’s actually an appliance I use one or more times a week in my household. I love the aromas from the cooking and yet the ability to have some time to get other things done. So the other day while we were decorating our Christmas tree, Lemon Garlic Chicken was simmering in my Fagor Slow Cooker Express (see REVIEW for more on that)
- 2 lbs of chicken - I used boneless skinless thighs in this recipe
- 3 lemons sliced
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp parsley
- 6-8 (depending on size and your tastes) garlic cloves
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ med. white onion large slices
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ cup chicken broth or you can use 2 cubes
- Place sliced lemons in bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, parsley and garlic slices.
- Rinse Chicken and pat dry. Lay on top of lemon slices.
- Sprinkle fresh ground black pepper over chicken.
- Toss in the white onion.
- Close slow cooker and cook on high 2.5-3 hours. (Cooking times vary according to cookers.
The Rice Pilaf is actually very easy. I used a box of my favorite Rice Pilaf Mix and during the last 5 minutes of cooking added 1/4 cup of Newman’s Own Organic Cranberries. YUMMM! It was delicious! We tossed a salad and dinner was served. Now that’s easy cooking.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken and Cranberry Rice Pilaf