Registered Holistic Nutritionist Peggy Kotsopoulos’ has released this new quick and healthy, kid-friendly recipes; Low-Fat Mac & Cheese Muffins for kids on her new series, Peggy K’s Kitchen Cures on Veria Living weekdays at 6:00 PM EST.
Peggy Kotsopoulos, appears as Host of Peggy K’s Kitchen Cures on Veria Living and cooks up dishes similar to these, that are both good … and good for you! Please consider running these recipes for any upcoming roundups on healthy and easy kid-friendly snacks.
We are lucky enough to have her sharing this recipe for Low Fat Mac and Cheese Muffins with us! Enjoy this low fat, delicious side dish that helps you hide the veggies too!
- 2 cups brown rice elbow pasta;
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt;
- ¾ cup pureed cauliflower (see Tip);
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 tablespoon ground chia seeds;
- 1 red pepper, diced;
- 1 zucchini, grated;
- 2 tablespoons almond milk;
- ½ cup aged white cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Boil water and cook pasta as directed.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add back to pot, then add greek yogurt, and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
- Add gound chia and milk.
- Mix well, and then stir in cauliflower puree, grated zucchini and red pepper and chedder cheese (reserving a little for topping).
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil and spoon in mixture.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 20min
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Remove from muffin tins and enjoy!