I don’t know about you, but with Labor Day just around the corner my desire for grilling and chilling isn’t what it should be. I’m a little tired of burgers, hotdogs and chicken (Oh my!) and was hoping to find a new recipe to maybe mix or spice things up a little bit. Red Gold Premium Tomatoes Diced and Green Chilies did the trick!
This was so easy and delicious! Of course before I introduce it to my guests for Labor Day weekend I had to try it out at home.
Here’s a few reasons I love this recipe:
- It’s easy – just takes about 5 minutes to put it together.
- It’s versatile. Make mini burgers (sliders) if you like or fold it into a pan and make a meatloaf.
- Serving sizes vary, I like a good sized patty so we were able to get 7 patties out of this. Mr. Money Saving Parent ate two of them.
- HIDDEN VEGGIES! Red Gold Tomato products are all natural and a great way to hide veggie in a dish and the kids loved them. The house smelled so good while I cooked them.
Look at those chunks of tomato in there! And with just a little more burger in this recipe it makes it not too hot to eat. But if you want to spice things you I highly recommend Mama Selita’s Jalapeno Ketchup.
Here there are before they are all dressed up. The kids insisted on seeing cheese on it or it’s just NOT a cheeseburger.
I loved the Mama Selita’s Jalapeno Ketchup, fresh avacado, onions, and lettuce on mine. The kids went with ketchup and cheese (so good thing those veggies were hidden)
What would you want to dress up your Cowboy Burger?
Disclosure: I was provided with the Red Gold products described here in order to make this recipe possible to my readers. All opinions are 100% my own and my family’s. (My daughter just looked over my shoulder and said “Are those the burgers from the other day?” “Yes honey they are.” “YUMM are there any left?” No baby I’m sorry their aren’t)
Make your own recipes using any one of these Red Gold products or use their database of recipes by product or by type! The diced tomatoes and green chilies mentioned in this recipe also make a great taco dip!
Money saving tips: Use this limited time available coupon to help you save a little money on it too! .50 off ONE can of our (10 ounce) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.
You can also enter to win a Big Green Egg Grill on the Red Gold Facebook page! (A friend has this one and I have grill envy) Visit their Facebook page for all the terms and conditions. Giveaway ends Aug. 30, 2013.
Follow along with all the recipes being featured right now when you use #rgparty on Twitter.
Join my bloggers buddies in this fun food recipe hop with their recipes featuring Red Gold Tomatoes products!
- 1.75 lbs ground beef
- 1 can of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- ½ (or to taste) cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the Red Gold Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
- Mix together in a large bowl tomatoes, ground beef, salt, pepper and shredded cheese.
- Form hamburger patties.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes on grill or until cooked according to your specifications.
- Can also be cooked in skillet or oven. Oven time 425 for about 12 minutes.