We’ve often talked about the advantages of prepaid “credit” cards on Money Saving Parent, but with prom just around the corner now is a really good time to think about them again. American Express offers the PASS from American Express – the prepaid reloadable card parents give to teens.
- This card puts your child on a budget.
- They can use it to purchase a dress or rent a tuxedo.
- Reservations for a limo can be used with a prepaid reloadable card and mom and dad won’t have to put their personal credit card information out there.
- Use it to pay for dinner at the prom.
- Load it up for an unforeseen emergency and keep loading it when you don’t want to give them cash.