Today is the perfect day for some soup or stew. Here’s a recipe to try in your crockpot.
- 2 lb lean stewing beef cut into cubes
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 med. potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots pared and slices
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 green pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup whole tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (optional – I don’t add it)
Put all ingredients except broth, paprika, and tomatoes in crockpot.
Mix those ingredients together and pour over top and stir to blend.
Cover and cook on low setting for approximately 8 hours (mine is always closer to 6) Crockpot cooking times vary.
Doesn’t that recipe warm you up?