February is Heart Health month and many families are also observing Lent so this week we offer you up this amazing recipe that is heart healthy, delicious and you can eat it on Friday – Garden Primavera Pasta. Did you also know having just one meatless meal a week is healthier for you and can save you money? So why not give this one a try?
- 6 ounces bow ties pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes
- Toss the pasta with 3 tablespoons of the artichoke marinade; set aside.
- Cut artichoke hearts in half. In a large skillet cook garlic and rosemary in 1 tablespoon of the artichoke marinade. Add green bell pepper, carrot, zucchini and RED GOLD® CRUSHED TOMATOES.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened. Add artichoke hearts and spoon over pasta. Optional: Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional facts per serving
|Trans Fat:||0g||Vitamin A:||120%|