I recently had the opportunity to talk to Kristi Yamaguchi, Olympic Champion, parent, author and literacy advocate. She answers these questions for me in this interview.
Note: I admit we had some technical difficulties, so she is repeating my questions for the audience.
Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me about children and literacy.
- First I’d like to ask you how and why you became a literacy advocate?
- Why is it important for parents to read with their children? What are the benefits?
- LeapFrog and the Always Dream Foundation are encouraging reading for National Reading Month in March. What are some of the ideas they are offering to parents?
- Tell me about your children’s books? What inspired them?
- Lastly, what things do you do personally to make time to read with your children?
Enjoy her answers!
Follow along and find our more tips about reading with your children when you join LeapFrog and the Always Dream Foundation on Facebook and Twitter!