It’s hard to know just what to pass our for your little trick or treaters. But wouldn’t it be nice if it was something that didn’t turn them into little monsters?
There are several candies that actually are gluten-free. There are candy alternatives that make sweet treats and there are even healthy snacks that could be placed in the bags and their bellies that won’t give them a stomach ache the next day.
Healthy Halloween snack and treat alternatives
I spoke to a representative at Whole Foods for some more healthy Halloween snack and treat ideas and she suggested these because many of them are gluten-free, organic and contain no chemical colors, artificial flavors, or high fructose corn syrup:
- Annie’s Halloween Bunny Grahams
- Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks (in Berry Patch and Summer Strawberry)
- Snyders of Hanover – Pretzel Halloween Snack Set (24 little packs of bite-size bits):
- Endangered Species Halloween Treats
- Yum Earth Organics- Organic Lollipops
- Sure Foods Living who offers this printable resource (did you know that plain M&M’s and many other Mars candies are gluten free?
- You can also visit Gluten Free Life for an updated 2012 list of gluten-free candies available for print. Haribo candies (coupon below) is on that list! So are Skittles and Life Savers?
Did you know that gluten-free products can be tax-deductible for certain diagnosed conditions such as Celiac disease? Turbo Tax online software is a great resource for working out these types of annual deductions that you may not have thought of. So now you can not only “give me something good to eat” but save money too.
Happy Halloween and have fun with those sweet treats!