Fall is just around the corner and with it back to school time. For many families that means not only back to school clothing and shoe shopping, but a number of other healthy essentials to keep us well . . . healthy. After all we have all sorts of little bugs out there as we also approach cold and flu season as well as all the other germies out there when you cram 800 kids in one building.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by The Motherhood and Johnson and Johnson. All opinions expressed are my own.
Here’s our top ten healthy essentials:
- Clean and Clear Facial Cleanser: Clean and Clear is a teen skincare expert. I admit that the facial cleanser that I purchased for days when I may need a little help was packed away with the 19 year old to use as she heads away to college. I’m pretty sure she is going to want another shipment of it and other skin care products during Thanksgiving break. With all the rushing around she does from classes to work she needs something gentle, effective and that doesn’t take a whole lot of time out of her schedule. Clean and Clear is a Winner!
- Lubriderm Body Lotion: The weather is starting to make some changes, and while they may not seem very noticeable yet there are a a couple of places on my body that are noticing and that requires a little more loving. Lubriderm provides that “loving” with great moisturization on even the hard spots like elbows and heels. It’s also gentle enough that the youngers can use it too (which means that coupon is even more important because it’s going to disappear a whole lot faster than if it was Mine All Mine!)
- ROC Restoring Night Cream: Mornings are just so BUSY! But after I get the kids to bed it’s really nice to think, sigh . . . I can brush my teeth and put on moisturizer. With the changing weather – yeah that’s why I need it it had NOTHING to do with the fact that I am rapidly approaching the big 50 and just had a birthday to prove it) now is the perfect time to start taking some time for my skin care too.
- And now we come to my absolute, must have healthy essentials, but not just for back to school. Nope, these babies are in my purse at all times. You can ask anyone in my mom’s group! Who has a first aid kit my son split his lip, cut his finger, fell off the swing set and Nurse Lisa to the rescue!
5 and 6. Listerine Smart Rinse and Reach Floss: Our little one just got braces. We need to do everything we can to help her keep them clean, so that when they come off that beautiful white smile will come shining through!
7. Zyrtec: Yeah, you know that changing seasons thing? It’s great fun but it also brings on my allergies. The other day I was sneezing constantly! Four straight days back on Zyrtec and I’m one happy camper.
8. Another, not just back to school but need every day is Benadryl. If there is one coupon I almost always could use this would be it. It’s great for those mosquito attacks. It helped ease the allergic reaction to change in laundry detergent (never again thank you) and it also helps those minor runny/stuffy nose situations, especially right before bed.
9. Yes, we got something for dad. Acuvue Contact Lenses! We decided it was important for him to be able to see.
10. And another little something for dad, Pepcid. However, I have to admit, this would be another year round keep in my cupboard but I’m going to take advantage of the back to school savings coupon anyway purchase.
And, here’s how to save on them! Johnson and Johnson has high value printable coupons for all these products and more. It’s so easy to print them! Just select the one you want and need and hit print. Total savings approximately $35 if you use all of them! Don’t need them now? Print and save them for later you never know when the cold symptom will first show up – but you do know that it will most likely happen in the middle of the night.
Now you have my top 10, and how to save on them. Get even more helpful tips for this fall and the changes that back to school brings.