Did you know the first Sunday after Labor Day is Grandparent’s Day? Celebrate grandparents at home and school with these fun Lesson Plans for Grandparent’s Day.
Hooray! Hooray! Let’s read about grandma and grandpa today!
Kids love books about family and books about grandparents are really grand. Here are some of our favorite books about grandparents for home and in the classroom. Whether you’re focusing on letter G, doing a theme teaching unit on family or just getting excited about a visit from the grandparents, check out our grandparenting book list.
1. What Grandmas Can’t Do by Douglas Wood is sweet, fun and surprising just like the grandmas in the story.
2. What Grandmas Do Best and What Grandpas Do Best by Laura Numeroff are kid favorites.
3. I Loved You Before You Were Born by Anne Bowen is a touching story for grandmothers to read to the kids.
4. Of course Grandma and Me, a Little Critter book by Mercer Mayer is a staple.
5. Kids love reading about the Bear family and Berenstein Bear’s Week at Grandmas is a great book for Grandparent’s Day or any day.
These books are a great gift to have at grandma’s house or to have waiting when the grandparents visit.