I have always wanted to visit Fogo de Chao but wanted to know more about it before I take the whole family there. Normally I try to check out a restaurant for family friendliness before I bring the whole family there. Recently I was able to not only check it out to see if it is a family friendly atmosphere but I was also able to find out more about the menu changes, happy hour and speciality cocktails available at Bar Fogo. Even better, while I was there I found out that I could TRY to bring Bar Fogo home as they shared with me some of their most unique and popular cocktail recipes. But with summer just around the corner there will be lots of friends and family over visiting so I’m thrilled to be able to try these – and share these recipes with them and with you!
+++Recipes are shared with permission of Fogo de Chao.
Bringing the Fogo de Chao Bar Home
10 Tasty Recipes
Strawberry Hibiscus Caipirinha
- 1/2 Fresh Lime Core Removed
- 2 tsp White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Strawberries Diced Small
- 2 ounces Hibiscus Infused cachaca
- 2 Orange Half Wheels for garnish
- Prepare Hibiscus Infused Ice. Set aside
- Slice lime thinly and place in cocktail shaker with sugar and diced fresh strawberries.
- Muddle lime, sugar and strawberries to extract the natural fruit juices.
- Fill cocktail shaker with hibiscus infused cachaca and ice.
- Shake vigorously to dissolve sugar.
- Pour drink into rock glass.
- Garnish with orange half wheels.
To make Hibiscus infused cachaca ice
Add 4 hibiscus tea bags to 1 cup cachaca. Allow to infuse for 20 minutes. Remove tea bags and squeeze out excess liquid. Hibiscuis infused cachaca is ready for use.
Cucumber Mint Smash
- 4 cucumber slices
- 2 small mint leaves
- 2 ounces Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 cucumber slice for garnish
- 1 mint sprig for garnish
Muddle cucumber slices with mint leaves into cocktail shaker. Fill cocktail shaker with ice, add vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice.
Cover with lid and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour drink into glass and top with fresh ice. Garnish with mint sprig through center of cucumber slice to garnish.
Flor de Fresca
- 1/4 fresh lime
- 2 ounces ruby red grapefruit pieces
- 2 1/2 ounces Apostoles Gin
- 1 1/2 ounces Grapefruit-Elderflower Barmalade
- 1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce honey
- 3 small grapefruit wedges to garnish
Slice lime and put in cocktail shaker with ruby red pieces. Muddle lime and grapefruit to extract the natural fruit juices. Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
Add Gin, Barmalade, and honey. Cover with lid and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour drink into rocks glass. Add grapefruit wedges to garnish.
Carmelized Pineapple Old Fashioned
- 2 tbs sugar in the raw
- 4 cubes pineapple fresh or canned
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/8 slice orange
- 2 Luxardo Maraschino Cherries
- 1 1/2 oz Bulleit Rye Whiskey
Place pineapple cubes on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Sugar in the Raw. Brown with a kitchen torch or under over broiler until golden brown.
Add 3 of the pineapple cups, sugar, orange slice and one cherry to cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients well.
Add Bulleit Rye Whisky to shaker and fill with ice. Shake drink for about 20 seconds to dissolve sugar and melt the ice.
Skewer one cherry and one pineapple cube. Place skewer into rocks glass filled with ice. Strain drink into glass.
- 1 1/2 oz Belvedere Vodka
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz honey
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 3/4 oz passion fruit puree
- 7 drops Ginger Lemon Tincture (18.21 Bitters
- 1 oz La Marca Prosecco
- 1 Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
Add vodka, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, passion fruit, tincture and ice to cocktail shaker.
Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
Rime Coupe glass for sugar. Place cherry in bottom of the glass.
Strain drink into glass. Top with Prosecco.
- 1 whole lime
- 2 tbs white sugar
- 2 oz Cachaca
- lime wheel
Cut lime in half and remove the core. Slice the lime thinly and place in cocktail shaker with sugar. Muddle lime and sugar to extract the natural juice of the lime. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add Cachaca. Shake vigorously to dissolve sugar. Pour drinks into rocks glass. Add lime wheel for garnish.
- 1/2 oz passion fruit puree
- 1 1/2 oz Knob Creek Rye Bourbon
- 1/4 oz Gum Syrup
- 1/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 oz honey
- 2 dashes Amargo Chuncho Bitters
- 1/2 oz Ramos Pinto Tawny 10 Port chilled
Add passion fruit, bourbon, gum syrup, lemon juice, honey, bitters and ice to shaker. STIR vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into glass. Float port using back of bar spoon. Do no stir.
Mango Ginger Martini
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 oz Ketel One Citroen
- 1/4 oz Fiery Ginger Syrup
- 1 oz mango puree
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz honey
- 1 oz club soda
- 1/2 orange wheel and 1 fresh basil leaf for garnish
Fill martini glass with ice to chill. Tear 2 basil leaves into small pieces and place in shaker. Add Ketel One, Syrup, Mango Puree, lemon juice, honey and ice from the glass to cocktail shaker.
Cover with lid shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into glass. Top with club soda. Garnish with orange wheel and basil leaf.
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 strawberries sliced
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz Veev Acai Spirit
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 tbs blueberries (about 6)
- 2 oz Sprite
- 1 small strawberry for garnish
Slice lemon into wedges and place in shaker with sliced strawberries and simple syrup. Muddle together to extract fruit juices. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add Veev and Grand Marnier. Cover with lid and shake for 10 seconds. Add blueberries and Sprite. Pour into glass. Add strawberry to garnish.
Mango Habanero Caipirinha
- 1 oz mango cubed
- 1/2 fresh lime sliced
- 2 oz Cachaca
- 1/2 oz Mango Habanero Barmalade
- 1/2 oz mango puree
- 2 spoonfuls cubed mango for garnish
Add mango cubes and lime to cocktail shaker. Muddle mango and lime to extract fruit juice. Fill shaker with ice. Add Cachaca, Barmalade,and mango puree.
Cover and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour drink into rocks glass. Add mango cubes to garnish.
I don’t know about you, but I think I’d rather just hit the happy hour. These drinks are delicious but I’m not sure I have the patience needed to create them – and then share them. Oh wait I guess I could just make them for myself!
Find out about the updated menu, bar menu and new lunch menu pricing when you visit Fogo de Chao online. I’m thinking that a visit there is in order when my parents come to visit. I know they will LOVE the bar … I mean the market bar!
Stay tuned for more information about the bar and restaurant menu. There’s so much more to share!