I am always looking for ways to go a little greener, and I’m finding that using eco-friendly cleaners is one of the easiest ways to be easy on the environment. Sure, I can make my own cleaners but with so many companies realizing that there is a need (and demand) for environmentally friendly cleaning products that are priced so I can afford them then why should I? I recently got the chance to try out Ecover Dishwashing Liquid, and was pleasantly surprised by how well it works.
First let me tell you a little bit about ECOVER the company and it’s products:
- ECOVER was founded in 1980.
- The bottles are made of 100% PlantPlastic. This also means they are 100% Recyclable & Renewable,
- All ingredients are plant-based & mineral, with no artificial fragrances or perfumes which makes it great for sensitive skin and children.
- Not tested on animals.
- Septic tank safe.
- Biodegradable & Phosphate Free.
I have been using ECOVER Dishwashing Liquid for about a month now. The flip top cap is easy to use even with wet hands (there is a little nub on it so you can open it). I haven’t even broken a nail! It also locks on tight so I avoided a spill when I knocked it over on my counter. A little dab will do ya – or in this case a squirt. I admit to being one of the people who thinks that bubbles equals clean and sometimes may use too much cleaner making it hard to rinse off my dishes. I haven’t done that with ECOVER Dishwashing Liquid.
Take a look for yourself.
Here are a few other things you may want to know about it:
- There are several scents to choose from. I enjoyed the Green Tea and Grapefruit. The scent is light and refreshing and I actually enjoyed it while I was washing dishes.
- Works well on regular dishwashing and tough stuck on stains. I’ve used it on my cooking pans, baking pans and even my pan from my toaster oven – and you know that one takes some work.
- I like how well it cleans and rinses. I don’t have to rinse over and over to get the soap off. Rinses clean and the dishes look great.
- I’m very happy with how it cleans plastics. You know sippy cups, plastic reusable cups and storage containers. I don’t like to put them in my dishwasher and with ECOVER they wash and rinse clean with no residue. That’s really important since these are going to have drinks for my children and food stored in them.
ECOVER also has more products. Not just laundry detergent but dishwasher detergent, toilet bowl cleaner, all purpose cleaner, limescale remover and a whole lot more.
I won’t lie, some of the products you may think are expensive. But I’ve found that with this particular bottle I am using LESS to wash MORE and it is lasting a lot longer than the Dawn sitting by my sink. I reach for it more often and the little bit I use goes a lot farther. I think in this particular case that when you compare the cost per use you are coming out ahead if not dead even, and you get the benefit of an eco-friendly product.
Bottom line- will I use ECOVER products again? Absolutely, I’m looking forward to trying some of the others, especially the bathroom cleaner!