This content is brought to you by DairyPure. All opinions expressed are 100% my own and my family’s.
Do you have a breakfast recipe that your whole family really enjoys? That maybe you can even put together the night before and simply put it in the oven to serve it up hot the next day? We do and it’s a really easy Easy Cheesy Breakfast Bake Casserole perfect for breakfast, brunch and holidays. It is also incredibly versatile easily switching things up to create a whole new dish!
Easy Cheesy Breakfast Bake Casserole
- 4 cups frozen hashbrowns
- 1 dozen extra large eggs
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces diced ham
- pinch of each garlic powder, black pepper and salt
- 1/4 cup Diary Pure Milk
- 1/8 cup onions finely diced
- 8 x 12 inch non stick pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Layer frozen hash browns in bottom of baking pan.
- Sprinkle finely diced onions on top of hash browns.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (oven time vary). You want the hash browns to start being a little crispy along the edges.
- While baking in a bowl mix whisk eggs with pinch of garlic, salt and black pepper. Fold in ham. Fold in shredded cheese. Pour in 1/4 cup of Diary Pure Milk, whisking as you pour.
- Remove baked hash browns from oven.
- Pour egg mixture over hash browns.
- Return to over and back approximately 20 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
We have been making this recipe for years! It’s a family favorite on Christmas. The night before I’ll do the first two steps and place in fridge overnight. The next day all I have to do is place it in the oven and sit down to enjoy the children opening their presents while breakfast bakes. Mother’s Day is just around the corner (hint, hint) and it’s something the husband and children can cook together to surprise mom with breakfast in bed!
Substitute cooked bacon or sausage for the ham.
Add all three for a “meat lovers” version.
Add finely chopped spinach or broccoli for a touch of vegetable, much like a quiche.
You can make a breakfast bowl out of it by starting with this Texas Style Sausage Gravy Biscuit Bake. Then top Sausage Gravy with this casserole.
Dairy Pure Milk
DairyPure Milk has fast become a family favorite. The first week I bought it I had hoped to use it to make this casserole to take to some friends home from the hospital. Unfortunately for me the family drank it all before I could use it! While they really enjoy the taste, I have my own reasons for using it. It has a “Five-Point Purity Promise.” DairyPure milk contains no artificial growth hormones, is tested for antibiotics, is continually quality tested to ensure purity, only comes from cows fed a healthy diet and is cold shipped from your trusted dairy. While available in the dairy case at grocery stores nationwide in whole, 2% reduced fat, 1% low fat and skim/fat free milks for this recipe we use whole milk to have a nice creamy beginning to our breakfast bake. But the family prefers 2% for every day use from drinking it to using it in their cereal. I found that it was particularly good in my morning oatmeal!
For more recipes, local retailers, the full line of products (personally I like the light sour cream too), and to learn more about DairyPure’s exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise visit them online.