My daughters were very excited to learn that the latest Marvel movie, Dr. Strange was now available in DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital HD. We just never had time to go see it in the theater so a family movie night was in the works!
This post contains affiliate links. Commissions are paid for purchases made through these links.
Official description: From Marvel Studios comes Doctor Strange, the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident renders his hands useless. When traditional medicine fails him, he travels to the remote Kamar-Taj in search of a cure, but instead discovers the mystical arts and becomes a powerful sorcerer battling dark forces bent on destroying our reality.
I admit I was not as knowledgeable about the story of Dr. Strange as I am about the many other marvel movies so I wasn’t sure what to expect. The whole family was quickly drawn into the story and it is a good thing that the popcorn was already made. No one wanted to miss a second of the show.
My youngest probably enjoyed it the most. She was fascinated by the history, cultural, science fiction, time travel, special effects – well just about everything about the movie. It is one of those that frequently has flashbacks to another time so it is important to keep you eyes on the screen. Don’t look down at your popcorn bowl as you may miss an important element.
I think the best thing of all about owning the Blu-Ray is that it does take several watches to catch everything. I also admit that I LOVED the special features (especially those indicated with an * below). That’s another good reason to watch the Blu-Ray over and over again – so that I can enjoy some more of the marvelous Marvel Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Don’t miss out on these special features!
- A Strange Transformation — Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life
- Strange Company — Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambition, imaginative films ever
- The Fabric of Reality — Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements
- Across Time and Space — Explore the endless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles
- The Score-cerer Supreme — Join composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music
- *Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look — Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including MARVEL STUDIOS’ GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, THOR: RAGNAROK, BLACK PANTHER and AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
- *Team Thor: Part 2 — See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short
- Audio commentary with Scott Derrickson
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Digital Exclusive
- Through the Keyhole: The Science of the MCU – Discover how Marvel grounds all its films in real science, and explore the connection between science, magic and imagination.
Dr. Strange Free Printable Activities
Create a family movie night with these fun free printable activities or Pin them to your pinterest board to use for an upcoming birthday party. You never know when you may need to find them again!