The girls and I wanted to try to create our own spooktacular door wreath this year and this is what we came up with! It costs less than $5.00 to make so if you want to try it yourself here’s what you will need.
- One styrofoam wreath (you can get white or green your choice of color and size)
- Orange yard
- Glue Gun
- Foam or precut foam spiders (I got these in a package with some other foam pieces for $1 at the Dollar Store)
- Precut foam black web.
- Start with the orange yarn wrapping it around and around the wreath. You can wrap as tight or loose as you like. Since the kids where doing it they found that trying to do a tight wrap took a long time and they actually liked seeing the white peeking through.
- Decorate your spiders. We added eyes, a hair bow for the girl and a “tie” for the boy. Glue the spiders down on the web. Let dry.
- Drizzle white liquid glue over the orange. This helps to glue the web down and adds a white web affect in the background.
- Place web on the wreath using a glue gun to attach each main line of the web to the wreath.
- Let dry overnight and then hang.
There are all sorts of variations you could do with this wreath like adding additional layers of ribbons, like black and gold. Or you could add different centerpieces from the floral department but just sticking the pins from the decorations into the styrofoam.
Have a Happy Halloween!