It’s been a pretty cold winter for many of us, so it was time to warm things up. For many that means looking at vacations and travel, and if you have kids, frequently the word “Disney” comes into the conversation. Why wait for warm weather, vacation or a holiday to show your DisneySide, when you can show it right now! And show it we did with fun, food, games, family and friends and even some special appearances by some favorite Disney characters.
Disclosure: Some items mentioned in this post were provided by Disney Parks and Mom Select. However, all other items were obtained at my own expense. All opinions expressed are my own and my guests. Permission by guest was granted for use of pictures in this content, however, those rights are reserved. Please do not use any images or try to capture images from video. This post may contain affiliate links which are used to support this site.
DisneySide Party Box!
It was a very exciting day in our household when out DisneySide party box arrived! There were so many fun things to see and do that we just couldn’t wait to start planning our DisneySide party. A big thank you to all the sponsors who generously provides party supplies, printables, snacks, drinks and other goodies. I won’t list them all here – but you will get to see them throughout our party!
DisneySide Theme: Dressed to Impress
Our theme was Hero’s vs Villains, after all you can’t have one without the other and wow did our guests come dressed to impress! Princess Lei made a special appearance, after all not all princesses live in a castle. We had Jack from the Pirates of the Caribbean, Scar, Maleficent, Mother Gothel and more! It was so much fun to see how everyone had their own DisneySide to show. The kids were very creative and really got their Disney on with costumes, games, music and movies!
DisneySide Games and Activities!
Just like at Disney it wouldn’t be a DisneySide party without fun filled activities and games. I’ll be doing individual posts for many of the recipes, food ideas, and activities but for now I’ll give a look inside out party.
Character autographs and photos opps – Courtesy of KVPAC Celebrations!
Here’s a little bit about KVPAC Celebrations (Katy Visual and Performing Arts Center). The center provides for local entertainment and drama, classes in fine arts from painting to acting, as well as a preschool, mother’s day out programs, celebrations (like birthday parties) and so much more. It’s one of the first things I discovered when we moved to Houston!
- Create your own Mini Autograph Book
- Magnificent Maleficent Nails (and other villains)
- Puzzle Place
- Head Banz – Test your Disney Knowledge
- Disney Infinity on the Wii
- Make you own bracelet- featuring My Image Bracelet Maker
- Disney Trivia, Matchups, Word Find and Bingo – Thanks Disney Parks for the printables! You can find them here and host your own party.
- Do you best – and win some great Disneyside door prizes!
- Movie – Big Hero 6!
Disney has some of the most amazing food and while we may not be able to recreate their menu in our house we can definitely show our DisneySide with some fun filled food and drinks!
- Witches Brew (Red is alcohol free, the Green for GrownUps)
- Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog Station
- Wookie Cookies (yeah, they are gone before I could get much of a picture).
- Villain Cake – courtesy of Duff Cakes (Duff Goldman – yes THE Duff Goldman) and a help decorating from my friend over at “Got Cake” who created an amazing edible topping that was so easy for me to just place on top and enjoy!
- Magical Fruit Wands
- Dragon’s Dip – and yep it had a little fire to it – just the way we like it! (No self respecting Texan would have a party without a version of Queso Dip and this one is created with Queso as the base).
- Evil Eggs (it’s amazing what you can do with deviled eggs!)
- Big Hero 6 Wings – inspired by Aunt Cass, but made with my own recipe
- Mickey Mouse Brownie
- Peter Pan Waffles
No one leaves Disney empty handed and the same goes for a DisneySide party! Party gifts included:
- HP CMYK (Create Memories You Keep Pack) – everyone received pictures of the party and especially their VIP meet and greet with the Disney Princesses. They can begin their creation of their own memories by printing and sharing!
- Twinings Tea
- Disney Vacation Planning DVDs
- Coupons to try Beyond Beef – and one family was thrilled to get those, their teen daughter has gone vegan!
- Luggage Tags – one family is leaving for a Disney Cruise vacation! It couldn’t have come at a better time!
- Dollars for Disney Banks – we created these for our families to use for saving for their next Disney experience whether it’s a trip to the movies or Disney themed vacation.
- And, of course we had cute little bags to put all their goodies in.
Showing your DisneySide doesn’t have to be at a theme park, cruise or vacation. You can show it any time and any day. For our families, showing our DisneySide is all about making memories that last and this party is one of those moments which make memories. My friends are already asking if I’ll get selected again next year. I guess we will have to wait and see!
Related content: DisneySide 2014