Looking for a great Valentine’s Day, anniversary or even promise/engagement ring to give? Then look here!
I was recently told that someone in my family was looking for an engagement ring . I won’t say who because they still haven’t popped the question and I don’t want anyone to find out about it before the grand event by reading my blog. Anyway, we were shopping online and in stores to find the perfect ring. He wanted something vintage-ish and only had so much to spend. At one point we discussed a lab created diamond simulants for now and continue saving until he could make it official. We considered it someone a bit of fate that within days of that discussion I learned about Diamonius lab created diamond simulants rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
After much searching on the Diamonius site and finding out that these lab created diamond replicas are of very high quality I decided to give it a try. Pictured above is one of the rings I selected. Isn’t it beautiful! Let’s just say I decided to take it for a test drive and not one person among the woman “tested” could tell the difference between this one and my real one by using the naked eye.
Here’s a little bit more about the ring, because I had a hard time getting enough details in the picture. First there is a solitaire in the center held into place with four prongs. There are a second layer of stones channel set into a V circling all around the solitaire. Next additional channel setting of stones down each side of the band but not so far down as to bother me when I’m wearing it.
And the official description is:
|Clarity:||Equivalent to the best IF (inclusion free) diamonds. Flawless under 10X magnification.|
|Dispersion:||0.066 – More sparkle than real diamonds|
|Stone:||Man-made Diamonius gemstone grade diamond simulant. Stabalizer enhanced, coated & high-polish|
|Stone Hardness:||8.5 on Mohs Scale. Will cut glass.|
Why wear a replica like the Diamonius lab created diamond simulants instead of a diamond?
Because Kim Kardashian wears them? Got your attention there didn’t I? Actually she does, but the reasons for selecting them is more important than which celebrity wears them.
- They are high quality, as my friends found out they couldn’t tell the difference.
- It’s an opportunity to avoid blood diamonds – conflict free since they are created not mined.
- Avoids ecological impact that mining causes.
- They are beautiful, yet not expensive ranging in price of $150-$200. For those that want to wear beautiful jewelry but don’t want or have a lot to spend they are an inexpensive alternative.
- Safer to wear. What if you were wearing your best item of jewelry while traveling and it was lost or stolen. It would take quite a bit of money to replace it. Replica pieces and items like these mean you don’t break the bank when someone or something breaks into your suitcase.
Diamonius’ philosophy is to provide all women with their dream jewelry at an affordable price without compromising luxury or elegance, and after my rings arrived I have to say that they do this job and do it well. My ring is comfortable to wear, it is beautiful to look at and there are no negative humanitarian or ecological impacts just because I want to look pretty.
Does this mean I’m giving up my jewelry? No, some of them are heirlooms. But it does mean that I have found a way to have my “cake” and eat it too when it comes to having beautiful jewelry.
Blogging with integrity . . .