You may not be thinking about shopping for gifts at Whole Foods this Valentine’s Day but maybe this will change your mind. Not only are they offering great deals and specials from last week and this, available today only, but are offering up some advice about romance and roses.
Every rose color sends a message. What do you want your message to be?
- Red – romantic love
- Yellow – friendship or congratulations
- White – “I miss you” (also truth and purity)
- Peach – “Thank you”
- Purple – love at first sight
- Yellow with red tips – friendship turning into love
Why purchase these flowers at Whole Foods? After all isn’t a rose by any other name just as sweet? Well, not really. When you purchase Whole Trade flowers you show someone special that you care, but you also show growers, farm workers and the environment you care, too. That’s because our Whole Trade program guarantees:
- Fair prices to producers
- Safe and healthy working conditions for farm workers
- Environmentally friendly growing practices
- High quality products
- One percent donation of each purchase to Whole Planet Foundation for poverty relief
Look for Whole Trade floral pricing to vary – $19.99 for 20 stem tulips wrapped to $$54.99 for 24 stem roses with greenery and vase.
Other gift ideas that show you care include assorted scents of:
- bath bombs ($3.99 each)
- Rainforest Chocolate Bars (BOGO)
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries (12 pack $7.99)
- Italian Sparkling Brut ($8.99)
- Why not create a romantic dinner at home with Cold Water Lobster Tail? It is BOGO!
- Also look for the $4 savings on Sweetheart Rib Eye Steaks. Who says you need to go out to dinner?
- There are several Whole Foods Markets throughout the Houston area, including the newest store in Katy. Find a location near you.
Adapted from my Houston Family Examiner column piece to share pricing information with you.