Our family loves their lasagna. I admit that the traditional style has always been a favorite, but thanks to a recipe from Red Gold now there is a new favorite in town. It combines their favorite Italian Chicken dish of Chicken Parmesan with their favorite dish, Lasagna.
Disclosure: I was provided with some of the ingredients mentioned here. All other ingredients were purchased at my own expense. All opinions expressed are 100% my own and my families.
Red Gold’s basic lasagna recipe is a great-tasting lasagna that is layered together in just minutes with Red Gold tomatoes and three cheeses…. And of course you can add all kinds of things to it to make it your own gourmet lasagna — meat, veggies, etc. My family loves the traditional lasagna recipe and I actually made it while family was visiting over the holidays.
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Recipe
But this time round I thought I would try something new. The family loves Chicken Parmesan and it is one of their favorite dishes to order when we go out for Italian. Why not make it part of the lasagna? So I did and it was a BIG hit! The crispy Chicken Parm with the creamy cheese and delicious Red Gold sauces made this a treat that brought the whole family to the table, quick and easy!
Yes, that’s Mr. Money Saving Parent waiting not so patiently while I take a picture of the food. Here’s the Chicken Parmesan Lasagna recipe so you can make it too.
|5||thin-cut boneless skinless chicken parmesan breasts|
|1||(28 ounce) can Redpack® Crushed Tomatoes In Thick Puree|
|2||(14.5 ounce) cans Redpack® Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic & Oregano|
|1||teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|Salt to taste|
|1||(16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, traditional, uncooked|
|1||(15 ounce) carton low fat ricotta cheese|
|3||cups shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh basil|
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- I used pre-prepared Chicken Parmesan Breasts, so all I had to do was heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Cool and cube chicken to use as a layer in the lasagna.
- In large mixing bowl combine water, REDPACK® CRUSHED TOMATOES in THICK PUREE, REDPACK® DICED TOMATOES with BASIL, GARLIC & OREGANO, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with, ½ of ricotta cheese, 1/3 cubed chicken, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles, the remaining sauce and the last 1/3 cubed chicken. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1½ hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle top with fresh chopped basil before serving.
- The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9×9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.
Simple Lasagna Kit Giveaway
Lasagna Kit Giveaway
I’d like to offer you the chance to win a lasagna kit of your own, from our family to yours and provided by the family-owned Red Gold Tomatoes.