Vroom Vroom! I recently found out that Lightening McQueen and many of his friends are racing into many cities across the country and that HOUSTON is one of their pit stops! The family and I are looking forward to spending some time with the cars we love, the new cars and characters and fun filled activities starring in one of our favorite Disney animated movie series, in the Road to the Races Tour. We already met “Lightening” at the Disney Social Media Moms conference but now there’s so much more to love and do!
About Cars 3
In Cars 3 Lightening McQueen (voiced by Owen Wilson) maybe feeling a little “old” and out of touch with the racing scene. Will he fight to hold his title or will he pass on his knowledge to up and comers? Do they even want to hear him? We’ll find all that out and more when we see the movie. Expect to see a return of his friends Mater (Larry the Cable Guy) and Luigi (Tony Shalhoub) as he takes on Jackson Storm (Armie Hammer) in a race to prove that #95 is really #1 on the race track. Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“), produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017.
Road to the Races
Here in Houston the Road to the Races event is:
FRIDAY, APRIL 14, 2017 12PM-5PM
SATURDAY, APRIL 15, 2017 10AM-4PM
SUNDAY, APRIL 16, 2017 11AM-4PM
and that’s perfect timing as many children in the area are out of school for all or part of a day Thursday and Friday! What a great way to spend time with the family.
But mom, what is there to do? If your children are like mine the draw is the characters but they want to know what can they do when they get there too. There’s so MUCH to do thanks to co-sponsors: Alamo Rent A Car, Coppertone, Crest and Oral B, Dole and Mattel!
- Alamo Rent A Car is hosting a street art booth and will bring “Cars 3” to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir.
- Test your tire changing skills as Coppertone® creates a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity!
- Create a digital postcard with Lightening McQueen and enjoy Cars 3 themed swag courtesy of Crest® and Oral-B®.
- It won’t be a Dole Whip like those at Disney, but I’m sure that the samples of high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies courtesy of Dole will keep your engines running and pick up some Cars 3 themed recipes. If it looks like a Cars 3 birthday or viewing party is in your future some of the work is done!
- And our girls are excited to try the interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie courtesy of Mattel. Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present.
And there’s more!
Catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie! And, get your pictures taken with life size character cars. For all our NASCAR fans – the sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.
What cities can you find Lightening McQueen and his friends?
See the Cars 3 Tour in Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles, among others—the full list is available at CARS3tour.com! The “Road to the Races” nationwide tour wraps up in California with a visit to NASCAR at the Sonoma Raceway June 24-25, 2017, and the life-size character cars will also roll onto the red carpet for the “Cars 3” world premiere on Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Schedules are subject to change without notice, and attractions may be unavailable for unscheduled reasons.
Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“), produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017.