Did you know that French’s Mustards are 100% natural and have been for over 100 years. It’s made from stone ground mustard seeds and in addition to adding great tasting flavor to recipes from entrees to snacks. Try these great game day ideas made with French’s Mustard and French’s French Fried Onions and for additional everyday recipes, visit www.frenchs.com.
This maybe one of my favorite recipes, and I would make the sauce for my shrimp too – and po’ boys and some other yummy food ideas. Now, on to making Caroline Crab Cakes with Zesty Remoulade Sauce.
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. FRANK’S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp. FRENCH’S® Spicy Brown Mustard or FRENCH’S® Horseradish Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. each minced green onion and parsley
- 2 tbsp. plain dried bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. Old Bay® seasoning
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Zesty Remoulade Sauce see post for recipe
- WHISK egg with mayonnaise, Frank’s RedHot Sauce and mustard in large bowl. Stir in crabmeat, green onion, parsley, bread crumbs and seasoning; mix well.
- SHAPE crab mixture into cakes using about ⅓ cup mixture for each; flatten slightly.*
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Saute crab cakes in batches about 3 min. per side until golden brown. Serve with Spicy Remoulade Sauce.
Zesty Remoulade Sauce: Mix together 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp. FRANK’S RedHot Sauce,
2 tbsp. FRENCH’S Spicy Brown Mustard, 2 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. Old Bay® seasoning. Chill.
Makes about 1 cup.
*Tip: Prepare crab cakes through step 2. Cover and chill about 1 hour to firm.