Chef David Luna of Hotel ICON’s Line & Lariat shared his recipe for his Beer-Braised Pork Tostadas, perfect for any big game day viewing party: (Super Bowl Food anyone?)
For the Pork:
Vegetable Oil, as needed
2 pounds Pork Butt, 2” pieces with some fat attached
½ cup Chili Powder
2 Tbs Cumin, ground
4 cloves Garlic, sliced
1 each Jalapeno, sliced
1 cup Cilantro, chopped
½ each Onion, chopped
1 each Poblano Pepper, roasted/peeled/chopped
Salt and Pepper
2 cans Beer, your choice (I prefer a dark lager)
1. Toss the pork, a little oil, the chili powder, garlic and cumin in a bowl. Marinate overnight, refrigerated.
2. Heat a little oil in a heavy bottom Dutch oven. Brown the pork in batches, being careful not to scorch. Remove the pork pieces as they brown and set aside.
3. Add jalapeno, cilantro, onion and poblano pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until the onion is translucent and begins to brown.
4. Add the beer and return the pork to the pot. Bring to a quick boil, reduce to a simmer and cover.
5. Cook slowly for 2-2/12 hours. The pork will be very tender. Re-season with salt and pepper.
6. Pull apart the pork with a couple of forks and reserve.
For the tostadas:
Use any pre-made corn tostadas and top with black beans, crumbled queso fresco, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo and avocado. I add some Cholula Hot Sauce for a little zing as well as ready to use Mexican crema. Enjoy!
Recipe shared with us courtesy of
220 Main St. Houston Texas